This book is written for the following classes of readers:
- Web developers who want to take their programming skills to the next level.
- Server administrators who want to get a better understanding of the software they manage.
- Hobbyists who want to contribute to the Tomcat project.
- Academics and students who want to look at a production grade web server and servlet container from the inside out.
- Open source auditors who want to understand whether a particular open source project passes audit for usage in highly secure environments or not.
- Developers who want to understand how to architect high availability, high performance software.