Concepts: Interactive Lecture Strategies
What Is an Interactive Lecture?
“Interactive” generally means active participation by the learner
. So an Interactive Lecture is a speech, presentation, or talk in which learners actively participate, instead of simply sitting and listening to the trainer talk. I stress this because often there is confusion about what is and is not interactive, For clarification, here is list of what Interactive Lecture strategies are not
• Asking whether the learners have any questions
• Asking one question and having one learner answer it
• Asking a rhetorical question that needs no answer
• Having learners watch PowerPoint® slides whizzing on and off screen
• Telling a story or entertaining learners with jokes
• Having ...