The title of this book, Training Triage, goes a long way toward describing its contents and approach to solving workplace performance issues. Simply put, this book offers you emergency remedies for the real training challenges and situations training professionals face every day on the front lines of most organizations. As the author notes in Chapter 1, this book is designed for trainers with some battle "scars" who get calls "asking for the impossible to be delivered the next day" without budget or staff to accomplish this feat. This fast-paced, entertaining book presents real-life situations in dialogue format to allow you to listen in on conversations between an executive or client requesting training or some other performance intervention and the training professional interpreting and acting on the request. Not only does this book offer advice on finding the right solution, but it offers step-by-step guidance as it walks the reader through the building and implementing of an effective solution. Use this book to build your skills as a trainer or performance improvement specialist, or to implement and adapt the detailed interventions to solve your most pressing training and performance need. The book includes a CD-ROM with all accompanying handouts, assessments, and tools to help you triage your next training emergency.
Note: CD-ROM is not available.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1. Introduction why Training Feels like Emergency Room Triage
- 2. Basic Knowledge Ways People Learn and Good Project Management
- 3. Leadership Stop and Grow Leaders
- 4. Strategic Vision no Time for Strategy
- 5. Technical and Process Training Spinning the Wheels of Process
- 6. Time Management there are not Enough Hours in a Day!
- 7. Compliance Training what's Sarbanes-Oxley Anyway?
- 8. Collaboration you Can't Promise that?
- 9. Project Management Put First things first
- 10. Coaching we hate Coaching!
- 11. Final Thoughts Revealing Solutions
- About the Author
- Title: Training Triage
- Release date: October 2005
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562864095