On completion of this chapter a student should be able to:
• Distinguish between the mass transfer coefficients for the two classic cases: a) Equilmolar counterdiffusion and b) A diffusing through stagnai, nondiffusing B
• Recognize the analogies among mass, heat, and momentum transfer
• Use the Buckingham method to determine the number of dimensionless parameters
• Derive equations that allow prediction of heat transfer coefficients for a flat plate with laminar flow.
• Calculate mass transfer coefficients for situations describe in the chapter. For example, calculating the mass transfer coefficient for flow inside a pipe.
• Explain the differences between the four basic models for ...