On completion of this chapter a student should be able to do the following:
• Calculate the degrees of freedom of a system in equilibrium
• Calculate flows and composition in both single and multiple equilibrium contact stages by using both and equilibrium relationship and a material balance.
• Use analytical and graphical techniques to calculate the number of stages needed for either an absorber or stripper.
• Calculate rates of mass transfer across fluid-fluid interfaces using two-film theory.
• Estimate tray efficiency from correlations of mass-transfer coefficients using two film theory.
• State the differences between loading point and flooding point in a packed column
• Estimate ...