On completion of this chapter a student should be able to:
• Calculate properties of ideal gas mixtures and determine the properties of dry airwater vapor mixtures
• Plot processes on a psychrometric chart, and analyze process involving dry air-water vapor mixtures to perform energy and mass balances for the processes
• Calculate and distinguish the four types of humidity described in the chapter.
• Calculate the dew point of an air-water mixture.
• Explain the significance of the wet bulb temperature and how it can be used to estimate humidity.
• Use the rate equations for heat and mass transfer to plot both the operating and equilibrium line.
• Use analytical and graphical techniques ...