On completion of this chapter, a student should be able to:
• Explain the overall process of drying and provide examples of industrial applications
• List different types of drying equipment and explain how they work
• Calculate the humidity (moisture content) of an air-water vapor using vapor pressure data, a humidity chart, and the wet bulb temperature
• Explain the concept of equilibrium moisture content in different materials
• Explain the difference between falling and constant drying rate periods
• Use drying rate curves to determine the falling and constant rate periods, as well as to calculate the required drying time for a process
• Calculate the required heat transfer coefficients during drying ...