Quick and simple troubleshooting solutions to deal with all the problems you'll encounter as a Linux administrator!
About This Video
- Gain administrative superuser power with sudo to multitask and troubleshoot all administration tasks
- Develop your own methods to troubleshoot services and processes and monitor the system to identify critical machine issues
- Configure SSH servers for secured connections via remote computers and set up a Network File System to better manage your Linux files
Troubleshooting is an important skill used in many Information Technology (IT) roles including help desks, system administration, networking, and security. This course will help you learn practical and proven techniques to deal with many tasks you'll encounter when administering a Linux server.
In this troubleshooting course, you will master the full power of the superuser; you'll use sudo to fix user management files and passwords, and schedule tasks with cron before troubleshooting.
You will also troubleshoot and resolve wireless issues, identify machine issues with different troubleshooting processes, configure an SSH server for remote connections, and set up a Network File System to connect to your client.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Super-Users (The Sudoers)
Chapter 2 : Working with User Management
- Handling the Users Management Files 00:07:30
- Getting the Users Password in the /etc/shadow File 00:05:14
- Protect and Create User Passwords 00:06:46
- Create Secured Groups with Passwords 00:04:35
- Understanding Password Age Policies 00:03:21
- Chapter 3 : Scheduling Tasks
Chapter 4 : Resolving Wireless Network Issues
- Resolve Network Connections with Systemctl 00:05:51
- Using nm-tool to Output Information Network Manager 00:07:06
- Listing Hardware Details with lshw 00:05:12
- sudo Privileges to Check PCI Bus Infos – lspci, lsusb, lsmod 00:05:40
- Troubleshooting with Ping 00:03:00
- Checking for Device Recognition and Wireless Network Files 00:02:24
- Chapter 5 : Monitoring and Troubleshooting Processes
- Chapter 6 : Working with Secure Shell
- Chapter 7 : Configuring Network File System (NFS)
- Title: Troubleshooting Linux Administration
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789341416