What does the aligned business look like? A business that is "aligned" has the following characteristics:
- Upper management has articulated and communicated a clear company vision, stated high-level goals, and specified strategies that will help business leaders achieve the goals.
- A goal hierarchy exists with ownership and responsibilities assigned. Company leaders share goals and contribute to others goals to maximize company value.
- Operating managers' goals appropriately reflect the broader goals of company senior management.
- Goals are expressed with measurable key-performance indicators.
- A reward system is in place where goal achievement is paramount over individual accomplishment.
- The company has an established, well-followed ...