If you market a product, service, or idea in any business, industry or organization, you must read Tuned In: Uncover the Extraordinary Opportunities That Lead to Business Breakthroughs, a guide to understanding and meeting the needs of consumers, whether or not they make those needs clear. An easy-to-follow six-step process developed over the past 15 years can help you address unsolved problems, recognize buyer personas, quantify impact and create breakthrough experiences. Stop wasting time by guessing what your market needs and start understanding consumer desire.
Table of contents
- Uncover the Extraordinary Opportunities That Lead to Business Breakthroughs
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 - Why Didn’t We Think of That?
CHAPTER 2 - Tuned Out . . . and Just Guessing
- But We’re the Experts!
- The Dollar Nobody Wanted
- If We’re Not Tuned In, What Are We?
- Debunking the Myth That “Innovation Is Everything”
- Debunking the Myth That “Revenue Cures All”
- Debunking the Myth That “Customers Know Best”
- A Missionary Sell?
- Are You Tuned In or Tuned Out?
- Resisting the Gravitational Force
- Is Your Refrigerator Running . . . Updated Virus Software?
- Is It a Resonator?
- Stop Guessing
- CHAPTER 3 - Get Tuned In
CHAPTER 4 - Step 1: Find Unresolved Problems
- Weren’t They Just Lucky?
- Looking for Problems
- Stated Needs and Silent Needs
- But Our Business Doesn’t Solve Problems!
- Show Me How You Write a Check
- Meeting with Buyers
- Look for Problems in Your Entire Market, Not Just Your Customer Base
- Why Not Have Salespeople Tell Us?
- You (and Your Family) Are Not Your Buyer
- Other Ways to Find Unresolved Problems
- Creating Disneyland
- CHAPTER 5 - Step 2: Understand Buyer Personas
CHAPTER 6 - Step 3: Quantify the Impact
- Urgent, Pervasive, and Buyers Who Are Willing to Pay
- First Urgent, Then Pervasive
- Whoever Has the Best Data Wins
- Tuned-In Impact-Continuum
- Solving Problems for Road Warriors
- How Much Should We Charge?
- The Acid Test and Your Buyer Personas
- Developing a Tuned In Business Proposal
- Measure What Matters
- Tuned In . . . without a Credit Card
- CHAPTER 7 - Step 4: Create Breakthrough Experiences
- CHAPTER 8 - Step 5: Articulate Powerful Ideas
CHAPTER 9 - Step 6: Establish Authentic Connections
- Authenticity Beats “Messages” Every Time
- The Authentic and Transparent Hospital
- Connecting with Your Buyers Directly
- High Flying Communications
- Your Buyers Turn First to the Web to Solve Problems
- Think Like a Publisher
- “You Must Unlearn What You Have Learned”
- What Do Donkeys Have to Do with Marketing?
- CHAPTER 10 - Cultivate a Tuned In Culture
- CHAPTER 11 - Unleash Your Resonator
- About the Authors
- About Pragmatic Marketing
- Next Steps
- Title: Tuned In: Uncover the Extraordinary Opportunities That Lead to Business Breakthroughs
- Release date: June 2008
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470260364
You might also like
Implementing Domain-Driven Design
“For software developers of all experience levels looking to improve their results, and design and implement …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Human Resource Management, 3rd Edition
Human Resource Management: Linking Strategy to Practice 3e is designed to help students understand traditional human …
Python: Essential Reference
Python Essential Reference Designed for the professional programmer, the book is concise, to the point, and …