Black and white photography has seen a tremendous resurgence in the past few years with more and more designers incorporating it into their creative workflows. Targeted at learners with a basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, this inventive course reveals the specific techniques the pros use in those software programs to convert color images into spectacular black and white.
With wit and wisdom, image designer Andy Anderson takes you on a creative journey that answers two very important questions: How do we convert the images and why are we converting them?
- Master the special techniques required to transform color images into stunning B/W images
- Learn to manipulate B/W images using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- Explore the workflows used to create images quickly and efficiently
- Understand the techniques used to create realistic looking vintage effects
- Learn to convert color movies into black and white
- Discover why B/W photography is enjoying a resurgence in the creative industry
- See where, how, and why B/W images are used in the real world
Andy Anderson is the author of over 17 best-selling books on graphics and design, including the O'Reilly titles "Integrating Lightroom with Photoshop", "Experimenting with Photoshop Layer Effects" and "Getting Started with Adobe InDesign CC 2015". Funny, engaging, and always on-point, he's worked with Adobe tools since 1990 and has taught Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Lightroom to thousands of satisfied students over the past 25 years.