The first and primary level of development is individual microservice development, satisfying some business capability. The following a checklist can be used while developing microservices:
- Services should be developed and deployed independently
- Services should not have shared data; they should have their own private data
- Services should be small enough that they are focused and can add big value
- Data should be stored in databases and service instances should not be stored
- Work should be offloaded to asynchronous workers whenever possible
- Load balancers should be introduced to distribute work
- Security should be layered and we don't need to reinvent the wheel; for example, OAuth can be used to maintain user identity and ...