Let's recall our key points on testing before moving on to the next section in the book:
- The testing pyramid indicates the number of tests required for each kind of test. Tests at the top of the pyramid should be fewer in number than the level below them.
- Due to their broader scope, system-level tests are meant to be slow and imprecise.
- System-level tests should only be used to provide some test coverage for important business capabilities.
- Service-level tests are faster and more precise then system-level tests, as they have to deal with a reduced scope.
- A practice should be followed to write service-level tests for success and important failure scenarios.
- Contract tests are important, as they verify the assumption ...