Now, we will do autoscaling using AWS autoscaling groups, a load balancer, and configuration properties. So, let's get started. Here is the overall process that we are going to follow:
- Create a launch configuration that will run our first-typescript microservice from Chapter 2, Gearing up for the Journey, to start the HTTP server
- Create an autoscaling group
- Create an autoscaling policy to increase instances by two when the CPU load is greater than 20% for a minute
- Add the criteria for removing the autoscaling group.
- Auto-terminate the instances
So, let's get our hands dirty.