Learn how to build a RESTful API using ASP.Net Core API, Entity framework, enterprise-grade practices for a scalable and future-proofed web API solution
About This Video
- Build a fully data-driven REST Web API using cutting-edge technology
- Deploy application and database on-premises with Internet Information Systems and SQL Server
- Learn enterprise-level design patterns and troubleshoot and fix practical errors
Microsoft .NET is the platform that drives the business technology of many of the top corporations in the United States and many other countries. It is the predominant technology used to drive enterprise-scale business technology. There is a high demand across the world for .NET developers in a variety of industries. This course also features web API development; the ability to design and maintain an API is an important toolset for the modern web developer.
This course will help you build a fully data-driven REST web API using cutting-edge technology. You will test and troubleshoot using Postman, create a database using Entity Framework Core, set up logging using SeriLog, learn about dependency injection, and API documentation using SwaggerUI.
You will understand the REST design principles and authentication using JWT, understand how to use data transfer objects and AutoMapper, manage packages with NuGet Manager, and set up GitHub for source control. Finally, you will deploy applications and databases on-premises with Internet Information Systems, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Azure.
By the end, you’ll switch around to Visual Studio for your coding exercise because of hands-on expertise in examining logic and syntax errors throughout. This will put your newly learned skills to practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn REST API development. It is also beneficial for software engineers with a background in .NET development and programming.
This course benefits anyone who wants to learn application and hosting and database hosting on Azure.
To extract the best information from this course, you will need to have some knowledge of object-oriented programming, if not C#. Even if you do not have much exposure to the .NET development stack, this course is very beginner-friendly and chock-full of development tips.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Environmental Configuration
- Chapter 3 : Project Setup and Configuration
- Chapter 4 : Database Modelling and Repository Pattern
- Chapter 5 : Working with GET Requests
- Chapter 6 : Securing Your App
- Chapter 7 : Working POST, PUT, and DELETE Requests
- Chapter 8 : Value-Added Features
- Chapter 9 : Project Architectural Changes
- Chapter 10 : API Hosting and Deployment (IIS and Azure)
- Title: Ultimate ASP.NET 5 Web API Development Guide
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801071956
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …