Training Instrument 1. What Is a Coach?
On your own . . . and with your partner:
- Think of the most successful coach you’ve ever known.
- Consider the characteristics of this person. What qualities and attributes did this person have that made him or her an effective coach for you? What did he or she do to make you think of him or her as an effective coach?
- Tell your partner a story that gives a good example of how this coach influenced your life in a positive way.
- Listen to your partner’s story. What coaching characteristics and behaviors do you hear in the story?
As a table group:
- Identify the common qualities, attributes, and behaviors of the coaches in our lives. List these common characteristics in the space below.
- What roles or titles ...