Upgrading an Existing Installation
- What are the steps for upgrading?
- How do you back up your existing installation?
- How do you check package compatibility?
- How do you copy the right files?
- How do you properly test and troubleshoot your installation?
Umbraco releases updates on a relatively regular basis. These frequent releases are typically minor updates to address bug fixes found by HQ and the community, and the upgrade process is usually made up of copying a few files. However, sometimes major releases come out that require a more diligent and detailed process. This appendix can guide you through this process as it applies to the current version of Umbraco. At the time of this writing, the current version is 4.6.1.