60 Unattended Pristine Installation with IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
Figure 3-11 IBM Director Server completed installation
16.Click Yes to reboot when prompted.
When the system comes back up, you can check the status of the IBM
Director Server by looking at the icon in the system tray.
3.2.2 Installing the Remote Deployment Manager Server
Remote Deployment Manager requires a large amount of disk space, depending
on your client system images. Therefore, you should consider disk requirements
and available disk space before installing.
To install the Remote Deployment Manager Server:
1. Log on to server machine with your IBM Director user account.
2. Run the Remote Deployment Manager program (rdm41setup.exe). Wait for
the dialog box shown in Figure 3-12 on page 61 to open.
Chapter 3. Integrating Tivoli Configuration Manager and Remote Deployment Manager 61
Figure 3-12 InstallShield Wizard for Remote Deployment Manager
3. Click Next. The License Agreement dialog box opens.
4. Read the License Agreement and select Yes to open the Customer
Information dialog box, as shown in Figure 3-13 on page 62.
62 Unattended Pristine Installation with IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
Figure 3-13 Remote Deployment Manager customer information
5. Fill in the user and company names and click Next. The installation
destination dialog box opens, as shown in Figure 3-14.
Figure 3-14 Remote Deployment Manager installation directory
6. Select the destination folder. For this book, we used default value, C:/rdm.
Click Next. The installation type dialog box shown in Figure 3-15 on page 63
Chapter 3. Integrating Tivoli Configuration Manager and Remote Deployment Manager 63
Figure 3-15 Remote Deployment Manager Setup Type
7. Select the installation setup type. We used the default value, which installs all
the Remote Deployment Manager components on this machine. Click Next.
The dialog box shown in Figure 3-16 opens.
Figure 3-16 Review installation choices
8. Review your choices before the files are copied. Click Next. The dialog box
requesting permission to shut down the IBM Director Server opens.
64 Unattended Pristine Installation with IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
9. Click Yes. The DHCP Service dialog box opens, as shown in Figure 3-17.
Figure 3-17 DHCP Service dialog box
10.If the DHCP Service is installed, click Yes. Otherwise, click No. The Remote
Deployment Manager Deployment Server Configuration (RDM DServer
Configuration) dialog box opens, as shown in Figure 3-18.
Figure 3-18 Deployment Server Configuration dialog box
11.If needed, change the Remote Deployment Manager Deployment Server
configuration and click OK. We used the default values. After the installation
completes, the dialog box shown in Figure 3-19 on page 65 opens.