Natural gas, especially unconventional gas, has an increasingly important role in meeting the world's energy needs. Experts estimate that it has the potential to add anywhere from 60-250% to the global proven gas reserve in the next two decades. To maintain pace with increasing global demand, Unconventional Gas Reservoirs provides the necessary bridge into the newer processes, approaches and designs to help identify these more uncommon reservoirs available and how to maximize its unconventional potential.
Loaded with reservoir development and characterization strategies, this book will show you how to:
- Recognize the challenges and opportunities surrounding unconventional gas reservoirs
- Distinguish among the various types of unconventional reservoirs, such as shale gas, coalbed methane, and tight gas formations
- Drill down and quantify the reservoir’s economic potential and other critical considerations
- Gain practical insights and tools to efficiently identify, appraise, and develop unconventional gas reservoirs
- Understand various techniques used to analyze reservoir parameters and performance as well as how they were applied to numerous real-world case studies
- Upgrade to the latest information on perspectives and insights with discussion of key differences used for today’s unconventional gas characterization versus original conventional methods that failed in the past