What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
You’ll learn the core concepts one of the most popular models in Machine Learning—support vector machines—how to use them, and how they work.
Readers will gain an intuitive understanding of the mathematics involved in SVMs, including an introduction to using polynomial kernels.
At the end of this Lesson, readers will be able to do binary classification for rather simple problems.
This lesson is for you because
You have some programming experience and you’re ready to code a Machine Learning project.
You want to classify attributes on small- to medium-sized datasets and possibly complex datasets.
- Have some programming experience (know how to code in Python)
- Understanding of basic machine learning concepts (fitting a model to data)
Materials or downloads needed:
- Scikit-Learn (code written and tested on v. 0.18)
- Title: Understanding support vector machines
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491978726