Combines the theory and practical - with simulation tools for the understanding and design of Ultra Wide Band (UWB) communication networks.
UWB is a revolutionary technology - recently receiving FCC approval.
The UWB standard has several advantages including high transmission rates and the ability to carry signals while accounting for solid matter interference.
Provides a theoretical analysis of the fundamentals of UWB radio communications supported by practical examples developed using computer simulations using MATLAB.
UWB devices can be used for a variety of communications applications involving the transmission of very high data rates over short distances without suffering the effects of multi-path interference. UWB communication devices could be used to wirelessly distribute services such as phone, cable, and computer networking throughout a building or home. These devices could also be utilized by police, fire, and rescue personnel to provide covert, secure communications devices. The book presents the theoretical analysis of fundamental principles of Ultra Wide Band (UWB) radio communications supported by practical examples developed using computer simulation. The simulation codes are provided in the form of user-customizable MATLAB) functions which are included in the book. The examples are inserted within the theoretical treatise in order to help and guide the reader in the understanding of analytical principles. The book covers issues related to both UWB signal transmission and UWB network organization. In particular, the topics covered by the book are: principles of UWB radio transmission and modulation (PPM, PAM and DS-UWB for Impulse Radio, OFDM for the multi-band approach), UWB channel modeling, receiver structures, Multi User Interference modeling, Localization, Network organization: advanced Medium Access Control and routing design strategies.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 Ultra Wide Band Radio Definition
- CHAPTER 2 The UWB Radio Signal
- CHAPTER 3 The PSD of TH-UWB Signals
- CHAPTER 4 The PSD of DS-UWB Signals
- CHAPTER 5 The PSD of MB-UWB Signals
- CHAPTER 6 Performance Analysis for the UWB Radio Link
- CHAPTER 7 The Pulse Shaper
- CHAPTER 8 The UWB Channel and Receiver
- CHAPTER 9 Multi-User UWB Wireless Communications
- CHAPTER 10 UWB Ranging and Positioning
- CHAPTER 11 UWB Networks: Principled Design of MAC
- List of MATLAB Functions
- List of Acronyms
- For The Curious Reader
- Title: Understanding Ultra Wide Band Radio Fundamentals
- Release date: June 2004
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 9780132442497