Exporting FBX files from Maya
Now that we are done with our first import, we can approach the many settings available in the Maya FBX exporter panel. There are several operations that require our attention, so follow us in our next recipe.
For this recipe, you just need the Maya model we used so far.
- Open the scene with the model in Maya.
- From the outliner panel, select the root node of your model. Be sure that the model is at the 0,0,0 position with 0,0,0 rotation.
- In the top menu window, navigate to File | Export Selection and the Maya exporter panel will open.
- Be sure that FBX export is selected from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the panel.
- Put a name you like in the File name field.
- From the Options... panel on the ...