To make a character get up from being a ragdoll, follow these steps:
- Place your character in the scene.
- Make two copies of it and name the characters CharacterAnimated, CharacterSkinned, and CharacterRagdoll. We will use these names for better clarity.
- Make all characters stand in the exact same place in the scene.
- Select the CharacterRagdoll and follow the Creating a humanoid ragdoll with the ragdoll wizard recipe to make a character a working ragdoll. We are not going to use the HandleRagdoll.cs script this time, so you can stop after using the Ragdoll Wizard.
- Select CharacterRagdoll game object's rig and name it Ragdoll.
- Select the CharacterAnimated and expand its hierarchy.
- Remove all objects but the rig of the character. ...