To use root motion for off-mesh links, follow these steps:
- Import the character with Idle, WalkLeft, WalkForward, WalkRight, and JumpOffMesh animations.
- Create a new Animator Controller.
- Right-click on the empty space of the controller and choose Create State | New From Blend Tree. We need two such states. Name one of them Idle and the second one Steering.
- Create two float parameters in the controller, Speed and Direction, and one bool parameter, JumpOffMesh.
- Create two transitions:
- Idle | Steering with one condition: Speed parameter value greater than 0.5. Has Exit Time should be set to false and Transition Duration set to around 0.2 seconds.
- Steering | Idle with one condition: Speed parameter value less than 0.5. Has Exit ...