To play cutscenes during gameplay, follow these steps:
- Import your cutscene. Make sure to import the character animation as a separate file.
- Go to the cutscene asset's Import Settings, Animation tab.
- Rename the Default Take animation to Cutscene.
- Create a new Animation Clip, choose the Default Take as the source, and set the Start frame to 0 and the End frame to 1. Call this animation CutsceneIdle and make it loop.
- Place the cutscene game object (in our example this is the Ball game object) and the character in the scene.
- Follow the Using root motion to steer a character recipe from Chapter 4, Character Movement. This way, you will have a moving character you can control.
- Create an Animator Controller for the cutscene.