Chapter 3. 2D Animation
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Flipping a sprite horizontally
- Animating body parts for character movement events
- Creating a 3-frame animation clip to make a platform continually animate
- Making a platform start falling once stepped-on using a Trigger to move animation from one state to another
- Creating animation clips from sprite sheet sequences
Unity 5 builds on the introduction of powerful 2D features in the Mecanim animation system and the 2D physics system that were introduced in Unity 4.6 late 2014. In this chapter, we present a range of recipes to introduce the basics of 2D animation in Unity 5, and help you understand the relationships between the different animation elements.
The big picture
In Unity 2D animations ...