Chapter 1. The Zombie Attacks!
In this chapter, we will demonstrate the process of importing and animating a rigged character in Unity. After making sure the character is being imported correctly, we will work through the necessary steps to get the character animated in the game view using the Mecanim toolset and a little code.
In this chapter we will cover:
- Starting a blank Unity project and importing the necessary packages
- Importing a rigged character model in the FBX format and adjusting import settings
- Organizing materials and textures within the project hierarchy
- Setting up the Avatar using the Avatar Definition Mapping panel
- Creating a simple state machine in the animator controller panel
- The basics of scripting for Mecanim
Typically, an enemy character ...