In this chapter, we covered:
- The basics of UDP and reliable/unreliable communication
- Setting up a lobby server
- What a Network View is
- How to serialize object state
- How to send reliable RPCs
- Hosting game servers and connecting to them
- Registering servers with the lobby
- The basics of dedicated servers
- How to load levels in a networked game
We applied these concepts to create a multiplayer clone of Pong in Unity.
In the next chapter, we will cover a third-party alternative to Unity Networking, known as Photon Unity Networking.