Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
Having clear, consistent, enterprise-wide, and agreed upon business glossary, terms and models can have a huge effect in improving productivity, facilitating more effective communications, decreasing costs of systems development and maintenance, increasing data quality, and enhancing systems integration.
Yet, so many organizations struggle to develop a commonly accepted vocabulary of business terms and models.
This presentation provides tools and techniques to jump-start development of a business glossaries as well as associated data models using ‘universal’ constructs.
We will discuss case studies of organizations that successfully used these tools and developed a common business glossary as well as agreed upon models.
In this information, fun, and interactive seminar, you will learn:
- The greatest challenges regarding developing a Universal business glossary and common models from decades of past experiences
- How to jump-start development of a business glossary saving huge costs and time
- 15 important guidelines for developing definitions within the business glossary or for use in developing data model definitions
- ‘Universal’ data constructs/models for business functions and how this relates to glossaries and business data models
Table of Contents
- Title: Universal Business Glossaries and Data Models (Recorded live at Data Modeling Zone US)
- Release date: January 2020
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: None