In this book I answer three questions I am asked regularly during my conversations with executives and professionals around the world:
- How do I unleash my creativity and innovation potential to enhance my chances for promotion?
- How can I add the most value now that I’ve moved into management?
- How can my business sustain enterprise growth in today’s highly competitive global economy?
The book is organized in five parts to answer these questions.
- Part I discusses in detail the creative thinking process and emphasizes the critical role of creativity and innovation, both in enterprise growth and career success.
- Part II presents the four requirements for the mind to generate creative ideas. Real-world examples are used to illustrate the practical role of each requirement in creative problem solving.
- Part III discusses the seven lessons from nature to be applied in creating the four requirements. Application of each lesson is supported by in-depth conversations with innovative and successful individuals.
- Part IV presents the proven process that innovation is generation, acceptance, and implementation of creative ideas that enhance a company’s value to the customer, differentiating the company from the competition. It is a three-step people process.
- Part V suggests the important role the managers’ day-to-day behaviors play in facilitating the innovation process. It presents two important lessons from nature, the keys to managers successfully fulfilling their leadership ...