Book descriptionUntenable helps identify untenable situations, describes the barriers to addressing them, and suggests novel ways to approach them.
Even the best of us can find ourselves enduring situations that are negative and unsustainable. Too often, we ignore the situation or just make incremental moves. The boiling frog considers installing a ceiling fan. The deck chairs are arranged on the Titanic.
High-performing people can boost their own performance even further by developing their skills to identify and remove their untenable situations. Untenable situations at best sap our creativity, vitality, and energy, at worst; they can be serious threats to our well-being or health of our organizations. Untenable helps identify untenable situations, describes the barriers to addressing them, and suggests novel ways to approach them. This book is perfect for leaders who would like to be even more effective, see that effectiveness cascade into better organizational results, and would like to see their businesses grow. The author describes what untenable situations are, what they look like for leaders and organizations, and why we do not address them appropriately.
The book contains useful and practical insights for leaders to help coach themselves and others to identify their untenable situations, remove barriers that may be preventing those situations from being addressed, and prevent untenable situations from occurring in the first place.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Untenable Situations: All Shapes, All Sizes, All Personal
- Chapter 2 Counting the Costs
- Chapter 3 From “What Were You Thinking?” to “Who Were You Being?
- Chapter 4 Asking the Wrong Questions Always Gets the Wrong Answers
- Chapter 5Visualize a Different State
- Chapter 6Not All Hurdles Are on the Outside
- Chapter 7Taking Steps. Break Mountains into Mole-Hills
- Chapter 8Discover and Rediscover Your Inner Fighter
- Chapter 9Being an Inner Alchemist: Creating Novel Solutions
- Chapter 10Going Public and Taking Action
- About the Author
- Title: Untenable
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781949991994
You might also like
“Ed Hess's Hyper-Learning is uniquely practical and is the essential starting point for charting new ways …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Dominated by streaming data and events, the next generation of software development optimizes not only how …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …