Book descriptionUp Was Never for Everyone!
Move up or move out. When those two options appear to be the only ones, dissatisfaction grows and engagement suffers. In decades of studying careers around the globe, Beverly Kaye, Lindy Williams, and Lynn Cowart have found that, in fact, there are more options. And rethinking career mobility can lead you to them!
The authors show how managers, coaches, and employees can partner to determine what's best and what's next. Keep the same job but discover new ways to learn and grow? Explore moving to a position that could be a better fit? Step back without getting derailed? This book encourages readers to take a “kaleidoscope” view—to be open to ever-shifting patterns of opportunities and possibilities—so they can create a unique, personalized path to a truly rewarding career.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Note from the Authors
- 1 Up Was Never for Everyone
- 2 Telescope to Kaleidoscope
- 3 Leave the Ladder behind
- 4 Grow Here Enrichment
- 5 Try before You Buy Exploratory
- 6 Sideways to Highways Lateral
- 7 Step Back for a Reason or a Season Realignment
- 8 When Up Is the Way Vertical
- 9 Is That Grass Really Greener? Relocation
- 10 Go for It!
- About the Authors
- Title: Up Is Not the Only Way
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523083503
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …