Appendix B. References
- Steve Jobs quote on focus groups
Bloomberg Business Week May 12, 1998. Steve Jobs on Apple’s Resurgence: “Not a One-Man Show.” http://buswk.co/Yf7HCQ.
- Steve Jobs quote on intersection of liberal arts and technology
Jobs, Steve. January 27, 2010. Apple iPad Keynote. San Francisco, CA.
- What Is Usability?, Collecting User Requirements, Creating Functional Requirements, Feedback Principle, Consistency, Fitt’s Law, Studying Users, Likert Scales, What Are Usability Studies?
Rogers, Yvonne, Helen Sharp, and Jenny Preece. 2011. Interaction design: Beyond human-computer interaction. 3rd Ed. Wiley, Print.
- Usability Is Not a Waste of Time (or Money), Using Prototypes
Hollis, Billy. June 21, 2012. Personal Interview.
Lund, Arnold M. May/June 1997. “Another approach to justifying the cost of usability.” Interactions.
- Knowing When to Listen to Your Users (and When Not To), The “Control Freak”
Goodman, Elizabeth, Mike Kuniavsky, and Andrea Moed. 2012. Observing the user experience: A practitioner’s guide to user research. Waltham: Morgan Kaufmann.
- Dealing with Different Types of Users: The “Devil’s Advocate”
Kelley, Tom, and Jonathan Littman. 2005. The ten faces of innovation: IDEO’s strategies for beating the devil’s advocate and driving creativity throughout your organization. DOUBLEDAY.
- Dealing with Negativity and the Attribution Error
Heath, Chip, and Dan Heath. 2010. Switch: How to change things when change is hard. Broadway Books.
- Having a Plan
Anderson, Jonathan, John McRee, Robb ...