The most complete, powerful iPad learning product! Text, video and audio in one tightly-integrated, hands-on learning experience.
Covers both the iPad 2 and the original iPad
Also includes coverage of iOS 5!
Includes 3+ hours of video and audio tutorials at no extra cost! The media is available online via Safari.com!
More than 300 pages of straighforward, task-driven coverage that will help you get the most from your new iPad!
Written in plain English for real people. Skip past the hype and learn exactly what the iPad will do and how to do it!
Using the iPad is the world's most complete, useful, media-rich learning experience for Apple's hot new iPad the only product of its kind! It begins with a concise, friendly, straight-to-the-point 300-page iPad guidebook - starting with an easy introduction to the iPad interface, proceeding through the most common activities in the order you are likely to need them, and ending with powerful techniques most iPad users don't know. This easy-to-use text is fully integrated with extensive online learning resources: online video, screencasts, podcasts, and additional web content. It's all designed to run superbly well on the iPad, so you can learn to perform key tasks exactly when you need to know how! Using the iPad covers the iPad 2 as well as the original iPad. It also covers iOS 5, which is the latest version of Apple's iOS operating system. This book covers all this, and more: getting started fast, syncing with computers, web surfing, typing, note taking, email, contacts, appointments, events, maps, photos, videos, music, Apps, books, business productivity, games, customization, and much more. Available in multiple formats, each including an entirely digital version with book text, video, and audio viewable online - on the iPad, the web, and many other devices!
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Media Table of Contents
- Detailed Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Getting to Know Your iPad
- 2. Learning iPad Basics
- 3. Connecting to the Internet
- 4. Entering and Editing Text
- 5. Syncing Your iPad
- 6. Setting Up Email
- 7. Handling Notifications and Email Messages
- 8. Managing Contacts on Your iPad
- 9. Tracking Appointments and Events
- 10. Surfing the Web on Your iPad
- 11. Making the Most of Maps
- 12. Managing Music on Your iPad
- 13. Making and Receiving FaceTime Calls
- 14. Taking Photos and Creating Videos
- 15. Importing and Viewing Photos
- 16. Importing and Viewing Video Clips
- 17. Working with Apps and the App Store
- 18. Customizing Your iPad
- Title: Using iPad 2
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780132709590