Book descriptionThis easy-to-follow book includes terrific tutorials and plenty of exercises and examples that let you learn by doing. It starts by giving you a hands-on orientation to the TI-84 Plus calculator. Then, you'll start exploring key features while you tackle problems just like the ones you'll see in your math and science classes.
About the Technology
About the Book
With so many features and functions, the TI-84 Plus graphing calculator can be a little intimidating. But fear not if you have this book in your hand! In it you'll find terrific tutorials ranging from mastering basic skills to advanced graphping and calculation techniques, along with countless examples and exercises that let you learn by doing.
Using the TI-84 Plus, Second Edition starts by making you comfortable with the screens, buttons, and special vocabulary you'll use every time you fire up the TI-84 Plus. Then, you'll master key features and techniques while you tackle problems just like the ones you'll see in your math and science classes. You'll even get tips for using the TI-84 Plus on the SAT and ACT math sections!
- Learn hands-on with real examples and exercises
- Find specific answers fast
- Compliant with all models of the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus
- Full coverage of the color-screen TI-84 Plus CE and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
About the Reader
No advanced knowledge of math or science is required.
About the Author
Christopher Mitchell PhD is a research scientist studying distributed systems, the founder of the programming and calculator support site cemetech.net, and the author of Manning's Programming the TI-83 Plus/ TI-84 Plus.
The user manual—but shorter, clearer, and much more entertaining!
- Louis Becquey, Joseph Fourier Univerisity, Grenoble
Expertly captivates readers at any level of study.
- Samuel Gockel, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The perfect complement to math and statistic courses of all levels.
- Ryan Boyd, University of Texas at Austin
This is THE manual for your calculator.
- Johathan Walker, computer science student, NDSU
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- Part 1. Basics and algebra on the TI-84 Plus
- Part 2. Precalculus and calculus
- Part 3. Statistics, probability, and finance
- Part 4. Going further with the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
- Appendix A. The SATs and your calculator
- Appendix B. Calculator skills summary
- Appendix C. Something went wrong
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Title: Using the TI-84 Plus, Second Edition
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617293153
You might also like
Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus is a hands-on guide to these two powerful graphing calculators. This …
Ti-84 Plus Graphing Calculator For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Get up-to-speed on the functionality of your TI-84 Plus calculator Completely revised to cover the latest …
Circuit Oriented Electromagnetic Modeling Using the PEEC Techniques
Bridges the gap between electromagnetics and circuits by addressing electrometric modeling (EM) using the Partial Element …
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus is an example-filled, hands-on tutorial that introduces students, teachers, and professional …