We are shooting on a rooftop. Thirty feet up. We need to have a moonlight fling and an eye-level shooting platform. What do we need? Easy, right? Well, you knew it wasn’t. What are the factors to consider?
1. Where is the building?
2. What is the ground access?
3. Are there high-tension wires overhead?
4. What size mood (how big a light) do we need?
5. Will a body have to ride the basket? At what angle?
6. Does it have to be a four-wheel-drive unit?
7. Are we on a hill?
8. Can I use the outriggers?
These are a few, but not all, of the factors you have to think about and ask questions about. Here are a few more:
1. What size shooting crew (just camera, DP, a few or many) do we need?
2. Will there be any light ...