Cut through the complexities of web centered designs and build interactive, mobile friendly websites using UX design best practices
About This Video
Analyze human-centered design methodology and implement it to construct powerful, user-friendly websites
Explore aspects such as empathy mapping, problem definition, and intervention planning to ensure efficient usability
Create powerful sitemaps using wireframes and website planning documentation
User experience (UX) design is a theoretical understanding of how users interact with websites. The major challenge developers building a company website face is finding the right balance that fulfils the objectives of the company as well as the needs of their users. A poor user experience leads to losing out on customers and in turn the company losing out on money.
User experience design underpins all major decisions taken by web designers when laying out web pages. It is governed by fundamental principles and practical approaches including wireframing, bootstrapping, and even pen and paper designs that gives an indication about the user experience that a successful site needs to offer to its users.
UX Design for Web Developers is a breakthrough guide that reveals the fundamental rules that govern how most people read and work with websites, through the process of redesigning a mobile friendly website.
We’ll start off our journey by understanding why we need UX, how UX came to be, and where it fits in the business and web development. We’ll explore the fundamental skills for structuring and defining a website along with content strategy. We’ll take a look at a variety of media touch points that have potential to engage and influence your audience’s experience.
With an overall review of some of the best practices of UX design we’ll start building our application with screens that allow us to think about the interactions. We’ll touch down on the important concept of setting up wireframes and fix the loophole of static application by building a simple clickable, prototype using the Invision tool. We’ll complete our journey with a finished website plan ready for testing and feedback.
By the end of this course, you will gain the ability to think like a UX designer, through engaging human centered design practices, UX methodologies, useful UX tricks, as well as skills required for interactive web designing.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : What Makes a Great User Experience?
Chapter 2 : Applying Human-centered Design
- Essentials of Human-centered Design 00:03:12
- Empathy Mapping 00:07:48
- Problem Definition- User Flows, Decision Tress, and Screen Flows 00:14:57
- Intervention Planning 00:11:19
- Chapter 3 : Enhancing Site Navigation and Laying Out Our Site
- Chpater 4 : Wireframing 1 – Using Responsive Web Design
- Chapter 5 : Designing the Home Page
- Chapter 6 : Using Media
- Chapter 7 : Best Practices and Usability
- Chapter 8 : Wireframing 2.0
- Chapter 9 : Prototyping – Clickable Wireframes
- Chapter 10 : The LEAN UX Prototype User Testing and Iteration Process
- Title: UX Design for Web Developers
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781784392130