Time for action – creating a new Vaadin project
Steps for creating a new Vaadin project are as follows:
- Open a new terminal in your operating system and move to the directory you want your project to be created in.
- Run the command line shown as follows:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application -DarchetypeVersion=7.0.0 -Dpackaging=war
- Enter your preferred groupId and press Enter. For example,
welcome as artifactId and press Enter.
- Press Enter to accept the default version.
- Press Enter to accept the default package.
- Confirm that everything is OK by typing
Y and press Enter.
If you can see the rewarding BUILD SUCCESS message, you have successfully ...