Time for action – deploying and running
Steps for deploying and running Vaadin applications with Maven are as follows:
- Move to the directory that Maven created for your project. If you have specified
welcome as artifactId, then move to the
- Before actually deploying the application we must compile it and package it. To do that, run the command:
- This will take some time, so be patient.
- Now we are ready. Run the command:
- If you haven't run this before, you will see a very verbose Maven downloading stuff.
Just in case if you want to break the old tradition:
- Go to
http://localhost:8080/welcome and play with the just created Vaadin application.
We have successfully created, ...