• What real negotiation power is
• The four main negotiation power levers and obstacles
• How to use power in a value negotiation way
• The five main ethical tensions
• What bounded ethicality is
• How value negotiation encourages ethical behavior
In this concluding chapter, we link all the previous chapters. It was not by chance that we finished Chapter 14 with the topic of alternatives. As we saw there, the power of alternatives tempts us away from our value-focus into a power struggle. Our power struggle generates many types of resistance, which in turn often invites unethical behaviors such as lies, tricks, deceptions, threats, etc.
Once power moves and unethical behaviors are exchanged ...