#1 Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author Dave Ulrich offers HR professionals a new line of defense in the corporate “war for talent.”
Destined to be a classic in the field, this game-changing book from HR visionary Dave Ulrich tackles one of the greatest challenges in Human Resources today: the talent wars. As companies grow increasingly and aggressively competitive in hiring and nurturing individual employees, this book offers a refreshing, revolutionary alternative. By creating dynamic systems that leverage talent throughout the organization, you can create a unified whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. In the long run, that’s what gives your company the competitive edge it needs.
Based on the research findings of the latest round of Ulrich’s legendary HR Competency Survey, this groundbreaking book is sure to spark debate, shatter myths, and inspire real change throughout the HR community. Filled with fact-based insights and field-tested strategies, it proves that your organization’s success lies, not in the talent you have, but what you do with the talent once you have it. This book shows you how to build capabilities, strengthen systems, and empower human capital—for longer lasting success.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- PART I: HR MATTERS
- PART II: ORGANIZATION
PART III: INDIVIDUAL
- Chapter 6: Credible Activist—Getting Invited to the Table
- Chapter 7: Strategic Positioner—Going Beyond Knowing the Business
- Chapter 8: Becoming a Paradox Navigator
- Chapter 9: Strategic Enablers—HR Competencies that Deliver Strategic Value
- Chapter 10: Foundation Enablers—HR Competencies that Help Deliver Foundational Value
- PART IV: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Title: Victory Through Organization: Why the War for Talent is Failing Your Company and What You Can Do about It
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259837654