There are several regular ways of supporting your camera:
• Hold it in your hands.
• Rest it on your shoulder.
• Use some kind of body support.
• Affix it to some kind of mounting.
For brief shots, or when shooting on the move, it is often sufficient to hand-hold the camera – provided you grip it properly.
• Palmcorders are best held with both hands: your right hand through the support strap on the zoom lens; your left hand under the camera’s body. Although some cameras are fitted with an electronic image stabilizer don’t rely on this device to compensate for wavering one-handed operation.
• Compact models with large lenses are best steadied with the fingers of your left hand under the lens mount, and your right ...