I hope you enjoyed the exercises in this chapter, especially if you've never used Ubuntu Linux before (or any other Linux distro whatsoever). Here you learned about the basic settings needed to create a virtual machine, installed the Ubuntu operating system, ran the virtual machine, and shut it down appropriately.
Specifically, we covered:
- How to download the Ubuntu Linux Desktop Live CD
- How to configure a new virtual machine in VirtualBox
- How to adjust your virtual machine's basic settings to install Ubuntu on it
- How to install the Ubuntu Linux Desktop operating system on your VM
- How to use the VirtualBox host key and to 'capture'/'uncapture' the mouse and keyboard in your virtual machine
- How to run your Ubuntu virtual machine and test some ...