I hope you enjoyed the exercises in this chapter, especially if you're using—or planning to use—Windows 7 for your everyday tasks. Here you learned about the basic settings needed to create a virtual machine, install the Windows 7 operating system, run the virtual machine, and shut it down appropriately.
Specifically, we covered:
- How to configure a new virtual machine in VirtualBox
- How to adjust your virtual machine's basic settings to install Windows 7 on it
- How to install the Windows 7 operating system on your VM
- How to use the VirtualBox host key, and to 'capture'/'uncapture' the mouse and keyboard in your virtual machine
- How to run your Windows 7 virtual machine and test some basic functions like Internet access and installing the Microsoft ...