In this chapter, I showed you how to take real advantage of your virtual machines by means of the VirtualBox Guest Additions.
Specifically, we covered:
- How to install the Guest Additions on Windows, Linux, and Solaris guests
- How to alternate between the fullscreen and windowed modes in your virtual machines
- How to share folders between your host PC and your virtual machines
- How to use the seamless windows feature to run applications from your virtual machines side by side with applications from your host PC
- How to activate hardware 3D acceleration in your virtual machines
- How to use snapshots to revert your virtual machines to previous states so you can recover from application installation failures or other misfortunes
Now that we've covered ...