C. Number Systems
In this appendix you’ll learn:
• Basic number-systems concepts, such as base, positional value and symbol value.
• How to work with numbers represented in the binary, octal and hexadecimal number systems.
• To abbreviate binary numbers as octal or hexadecimal numbers.
• To convert octal and hexadecimal numbers to binary.
• To convert between decimal values and their binary, octal and hexadecimal equivalents.
• To understand binary arithmetic and how negative binary numbers are represented using two’s-complement notation.