Seeing is believing.
Form ever follows function.
—Louis Henri Sullivan
In this chapter you’ll:
• Learn the basics of the Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for writing, running and debugging your apps.
• Use Visual Studio’s help features.
• Learn key commands contained in the IDE’s menus and toolbars.
• Understand the purpose of the various kinds of windows in the Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop IDE.
• Understand what visual app development is and how it simplifies and speeds app development.
• Use visual app development to create, compile and execute a simple Visual C# app that displays text and ...