Several screenshots in Visual C# 2012 How to Program, 5/e display file names with file-name extensions (e.g.,
.png). Your system’s settings may need to be adjusted to display file-name extensions. Follow these steps to configure your Windows 7 computer:
1. In the Start menu, select All Programs, then Accessories, then Windows Explorer.
2. Press Alt to display the menu bar, then select Folder Options... from Windows Explorer’s Tools menu.
3. In the dialog that appears, select the View tab.
4. In the Advanced settings: pane, uncheck the box to the left of the text Hide extensions for known file types. [Note: If this item is already unchecked, no action needs to be taken.]
5. Click OK to apply the setting and ...