Navigating between code inside the IDE
Visual Studio comes with a number of useful code navigators; most of them are pretty useful and handy. First of all let us try the Code Highlighting feature in Visual Studio.
To try the Code Highlighting feature
in Visual Studio, perform the following:
- Double-click on a C# file to highlight each occurrence of the same type in the code.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + down/up arrow to navigate between references.
- Press Ctrl + ,(comma) to open the Navigate to dialog box to list all the navigation options available for the current selection (or under cursor position).
- Right-click on any method or type and select Go To Definition to move to the definition of it.
- Right-click on any of the type and select Find All ...