15. Working with Application-Level Custom Task Panes
Introduction to the Application-Level Custom Task Panes
As described in Chapter 14, “Working with Document-Level Actions Panes,” VSTO allows you to work with a Document Actions task pane starting with Word and Excel 2003. This feature ended up being one of the most popular features of VSTO 2.0. Developers, however, also wanted to be able to do the following:
- Create application-level task panes that weren’t associated with any one document or template
- Create and show more than one task pane at a time
- Set the caption of the task pane to something other than Document Actions
- Use the task pane paradigm in other Office applications, such as PowerPoint and Outlook
To address these requests, Office ...